Monday, September 3, 2018

Corten's Input on Body Image

I have been following Corten for a while on IG, I love the photos that he posts and virtually following along on his adventures.  He also takes some wonderful photos as a photographer.  I keep trying to get him in front of my camera, but it hasn't happened as of yet.  Leave some comments below, if you would like to see him in front of my camera :)  @cortmb22

Age?
29 

Stats? 

What age did you start having body image issues? 13 


What age did did you really start loving your body? 28
What caused you to ever have doubts about the way your body looked?Growing up I was a bigger kid in school who never fit in. You know, that ole chestnut. But I noticed all the other guys were more fit and active than me. On top of that once my sister found out I was gay she called me a fat faggot for years. It really did a number on my psyche. 

Are you comfortable being nude in front of others? Ie lockerrom, bedroom, etc  I'm okay with being nude in front of other people. I still don't see myself most days as physically attractive. I know with the pictures I post people would think other wise, but those are the days i'm actually feeling good about myself. 


What does body positivity mean to you?

I feel like body positivity goes beyond just the body and within the mind as well. It's like learning to appreciate your appearance with flaws and all. An old saying is, "If you can't love yourself, how can you expect another to love you." 


What is your favorite body part?Weirdly enough I love my eyes the most. I love green and my eyes are hazel. They look like the earth with brown at the iris and green on the outside. I always try to catch them in the light when i'm around people xD 

What is your least favorite body part?My legs all the way up to the glutes. 

What do you love most about your body?I love the fact that i'm able to watch it transform through out all the hard work I put into it. 

What would you like to improve about your body?I would just like my body to stop cracking every where at this point haha! Everything else with enough hard work can be changed. 

What is special about your body?What's so special to me is all the hard work i've put into it. People a lot of the time just like to say, "You're blessed to have such a great body." I don't like that. It's hard work. I only eat clean, i barely have cheat days, I don't drink, my idea of drugs is Cold brew coffee or pot. There are a lot of things I cut out to look like this. 

What do you do to make yourself feel better about yourself?When i'm having a rough day I hit the gym! I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but hitting the gym takes away my stress. It's the one thing i'm truly in control of in my mind. I'm in control if I make that effort that day to change what I don't like. 


How often are you naked just because?At home when the roommate is not home, maybe a few hours a day 

How often do you check yourself out?All the time. I don't know what it is, but i'm always judging myself. It's the worst xD 

What do you find attractive physically in a potential mate?I prefer someone who is physically active as it is part of my life style. They don't have to be as crazy as me of course, but having some appreciate for nutrition and fitness would be nice

Have you always had positive thoughts about your body?No, not at all. I used to hate the way I look. I didn't start taking my life into my own hands until after I left my ex

What do you tell yourself when you aren’t feeling so positive about your body?That I have the power to change it. I've done it before, I can do it again

Has there been anyone in your life that you’ve modeled your body positivity after?No. I'm still learning my body and physique. We talked about doing a shoot before and I told you if I felt ready. I honestly don't know if I ever will just because I think my body is awkward. 

When do you feel most confident about how your body looks?

Right after a pump at the gym.

What’s your favorite outfit that makes you feel your hottest?I have these black jeans I love to sport with a white t shirt that's snug around the chest. I love it

When is a time that you’ve felt the best about your body?Right now actually! This is the prime of my fitness. I have been pushing myself harder than ever and I notice the pay off. 


Who makes you feel the most sexy?Myself. I'm the one dedicating the discipline, not anyone else xD 

Is there a time of year that you feel most sexy?Winter is just a depressing time of year. Though I don't fall of the band wagon, it still effects my mind. 

What male celebrity do you think has the best body/body positivity?That's a tough one. I don't think he's a celebrity, but i've been following Christian Fleenor on IG for over 2 years. He talks about the dedication and hardwork it takes to get there. He doesn't b.s and just say your body is going to transform due to magic pills or some powder. 

Anything else that you would provide?If you don't like something, do something about it! If you have health issues preventing you from doing something, look for alternatives. There are others out there like all of us who struggle in some aspect and over came it. Do the research and learn to love your body if you don't. It's up to you if you want to love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment