Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Blaise Talks About Growing Up Feeling Weak And Too Skinny

I have been following Blaise for a while not on Instagram but we had not chatted until her replied that he was interested in partaking in the body image project.  I am so glad that he reached out to me an I find his input very valuable.  Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts and photos.


Age? 27

Stats? 6'3, 158 lbs

What age did you start having body image issues? It really began in high school when I wasn't getting as much attention as I wanted. I didn't really have the funds to give myself the self care I wanted, or dress how I wanted, and all factors impacted how I looked at my body image. It made me feel average, weak, too skinny, etc. 


What age did you really start loving your body? That's something I'm still working on. I've come to realize that I'm actually a pretty attractive dude, and with some more work and self care, I'll feel even better.

What caused you to ever have doubts about the way your body looked? I joined the swim team in my freshman year, and being around a bunch of other people in Speedos that looked better than me was the start. 


Are you comfortable being nude in front of others? Ie lockerrom, bedroom, etc  Now I am more comfortable; I get a lot more praise about how I look now, so bearing that in mind, I don't mind being nude. 

What does body positivity mean to you?Body positivity means feeling comfortable about who you are, where you're at versus where you want to be at, and knowing that just because you aren't at that goal, doesn't mean you're not attractive. Some people are attracted to components of your physical appearance, and not the whole picture. It isn't only how you view yourself, but others as well; letting someone know that a color or piece of clothing compliments them, regardless of their body image, can go a long way. 

What is your favorite body part? My eyes

What is your least favorite body part? My smile/teeth


What do you love most about your body? I love my height, I love how my eyes and clothing can compliment each other. 

What would you like to improve about your body? I would like to put on weight, and tone up versus bulk up. I also would love to help my hair stop thinning at 27. 

What is special about your body? I recently found out that one of my legs is longer than the other. 

What do you do to make yourself feel better about yourself? I like to shop for clothes now, because I've realized that the price is worth how it makes me look. I'm also about to begin a work out regimen. 


How often are you naked just because? Pretty often! 

How often do you check yourself out? I try to at least once daily, to boost my self confidence. 

What do you find attractive physically in a potential mate? A great smile, when it shows that they put effort into caring for and maintaining their appearance. And great arms and butts don't hurt! 

Have you always had positive thoughts about your body? No, for a long time I was really unhappy with my body. 


What do you tell yourself when you aren’t feeling so positive about your body? That just because I don't look like what I want to right now, doesn't mean that in a few months it can't change. These things take time, and that's okay. 

Has there been anyone in your life that you’ve modeled your body positivity after? No. 

When do you feel most confident about how your body looks? I feel most confident when I put a lot of effort into my appearance for things like dates, nights out on the town, etc 

What’s your favorite outfit that makes you feel your hottest? A simple long sleeved shirt, black pants, belt, boots, and watch. 


When is a time that you’ve felt the best about your body? One time I can remember is when I good friend of mine saw me shirtless, and was taken aback by the underlying figure I already have. 

Who makes you feel the most sexy? A friend from back home in California. 

Is there a time of year that you feel most sexy? Not particularly. 

What male celebrity do you think has the best body/body positivity? As a gay man, I am really attracted to Chris Mears' body. As far as body positivity, Tan France has some great things to say and pointers. 

Anything else that you would provide? 

For the last year and a half, I've battled with some pretty serious stress that caused me to lose a lot of weight, and make it hard to keep/put weight on. It has really taken a toll on how I see my body image, but I encourage those dealing with the same to try and cut down your stress as best possible, eat properly, and track your vitamins and supplements and it will slowly start coming back. 


Ig name?  @uhblaise

No comments:

Post a Comment